One of the safest and most hygienic dummies on the market. It’s round shape, large shield and soft natural rubber makes it the perfect dummy for breastfed babies, but all babies seem to love our natural dummy.
· One (1) Round/Cherry Natural Rubber Soother in a reusable case allowing for convenient and hygienic storage.
· Eco friendly biodegradable dummies
· BPA Free
· No chemical softeners
· One-piece design eliminates places where bacteria can hide
· No parabens
· No PVC
· No Phthalates
· Larger shield touches baby’s nose, providing closer simulation to breast feeding
· Made with 100% sustainable, natural rubber from the tree Hevea brasiliensis
· Easy sterilisation
Dummy case: Quickly & easily find clean dummies in your nappy bag with our reusable dummy case.
Benefits Of The Natural Rubber Soother Dummies
Finding the best dummy is difficult as they all seem very similar. Luckily the Natural Rubber Soother is an extremely unique dummy with many benefits. There are five main reasons Natural Rubber Soother is one of the best dummies in Australia:
1. One of the safest on the market
2. Extremely hygienic
3. Helps encourage breastfeeding
4. Sizes & shapes to match your baby's development
5. Environmentally friendly
1. ONE OF THE SAFEST ON THE MARKET
Natural Rubber Soothers are made up of a single piece of natural rubber which means they don’t have joints (to avoid the teat separating that can lead to choking) so are extremely durable. Compared to its silicone counterpart that can rapidly tear once the surface has been damaged and can become a dangerous choking hazard, the Natural Rubber Soother is a safer option.
Unlike some dummies on the market the Natural Rubber Soother shield does not leave marks on baby’s faces due to the high level of elasticity of natural rubber. The size of the shield also prevents babies from squeezing the soother into their mouths.
Many parents are now are looking for toys and soothers that do not contain phthalates, which is typically used to soften toys for babies. While they make toys and soothers soft, they may not be so safe for our babies. The Natural Rubber Soother is:
· BPA FREE
· Contains no chemical softeners
· Parabens Free
· Contains no PVC or Phthalates.
Our Natural Rubber Soothers also meet Australian Safety Standard for soothers (AS2432-1991/2008) FDA, European standards (EN1400) and GB 4806.2-94 standards.
2. EXTREMELY HYGIENIC
Further to the safety benefits the single piece of rubber also makes the Natural Rubber Soothers extremely hygienic as there are no joins or cracks in the natural rubber soother where dirt and bacteria can accumulate.
They are also made from natural rubber having non-static properties meaning they do not attract dust and dirt.
3. HELPS ENCOURAGE BREASTFEEDING
There are a number of elements of the Natural Rubber Soother that help encourage breastfeeding.
· The shield - It is not cut out around the nose so the shield simulates a breast and touches the baby’s nose offering closer simulation to breastfeeding.
· The material - The dummy is made out of rubber which is much softer and more flexible than silicone making it more similar to a nipple of a breast.
· The shape of the teat - The round style dummies have been designed to encourage the same type of sucking that breastfeeding does. This shape tends to work better for breast-fed babies because the tongue is positioned under the nipple as it is during breast-feeding, which helps prevent nipple confusion. About 80% of babies tend to move soothers around in their mouths, so the position of the round soother can never end up around the wrong way. Because the tongue’s position never changes, midwives usually recommend starting babies on rounded soothers.
4. SIZES & SHAPES TO MATCH YOUR BABY'S DEVELOPMENT
Natural rubber soothers come in two shapes, with an orthodontic (Ortho) which is a flatter teat, ideal for preventing dental issues or a round version sometimes called a cherry style, perfect for breastfed babies. Each shape comes in a number of different sizes designed to match the size of your baby’s mouth.
· The round Natural Rubber Soother - As mentioned above the round style tends to work better for breast-fed babies because the tongue is positioned under the nipple as it is during breast-feeding, which helps prevent nipple confusion. The Natural Rubber Soothers round model is available in small (0-3 months), medium (3-6 months) and large (6 months+).
· The ortho Natural Rubber Soother - Having a flatter teat helps to prevent future dental problems as this allows the baby to hold their jaw in the correct position when using the dummy. It is available in two sizes a small ideal for up to 6 months of age and a large for over 6 months.
5. ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY
The Natural Rubber Soother is produced with sustainable raw material, making it a green product. The dummies are made from pure, natural rubber from the Hevea Brasiliensi tree, grown in Malaysia. Other soothers on the market are made from silicone and plastic which are made from oil-based materials and are a non-renewable resource.
Unlike plastic & silicon dummies, Natural Rubber Soothers, teats and teethers are bio-degrade and the source and supply of rubber is also renewable through replanting of the rubber trees. On top of this we’re making efforts to reduce our carbon foot print by sourcing the rubber from Malaysia, the closest sustainable rubber plantation to Australian. Making ours the lowest footprint in the world for this type of product.