Homemade Lactation Cookies
- 1 Cup Self-raising wholemeal flour
(If you have plain flour, add 1/2 teaspoon baking powder)
- 1/2 Cup Organic virgin coconut oil
- ½ - ¾ Cup brown sugar (Depending on how sweet you prefer your biscuits)
- 2 Tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1 Egg
- 2-3 Tablespoons of water
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla extract
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon (optional, for flavour)
- 1-2 Tablespoons of Brewer’s Yeast
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1 & 1/2 Cups oats – Rolled Oats
- OPTIONAL: 1/2 cup of your favourite biscuit ingredients (see suggested list below)
Optional Extras I LOVED:
- Slithered Almonds
- Walnuts crumbled
- Chocolate or cocoa chips
- Preheat oven to 180-degree Celsius
- In a cup add the flaxseed meal and water, allow to sit whilst you measure and prepare the other ingredients.
- Measure your coconut oil and place in microwave until softened.
- In a large mixing bowl add the softened coconut oil and brown sugar, then add the egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients (excluding oats and optional extras) and mix well.
- Add the flaxseed meal and mix well.
- Stir in the oats and your optional ingredients.
- Use a dessert spoon as your guide, scoop the mixture and roll into a ball before placing it on a baking try lined with baking paper. Once placed evenly on the baking tray, flatten them with your fingers.
- Bake until golden brown. Approx. 20 minutes.
Eat 2 - 4 Cookies a day.